Monday, August 27, 2007

Thing #7: MySpace

I made my page in MySpace, and I hope the Learning 2.0 Team will accept me as a friend.

I wonder whether students would be more inclined to visit the Library in MySpace, or would they just bookmark the Library's webpage? Maybe because I don't hang out in MySpace, it wouldn't be the first place I'd look to find services, but if that's where the young folks are, then that's where we can meet them.

This is a pretty boisterous Library page: Brooklyn College Library.

UPDATE (August 31): Just minutes after creating a MySpace account, "Michael" in Colorado sent me a message, asking whether I'd like to get better acquainted with him (his tattoo, I must admit, is impressive). Hmmm, time to change the privacy setting, I think. FaceBook seems less seedy; I may keep my profile there after this Library 2.0 project ends.

No comments: