Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Things #5a and 5b: RSS and news feeds

Bloglines is fairly straightforward to use, although I did hit two snags:

1, the picture on the Library Learning 2.0 blog no longer matches Bloglines' layout, so it took me a few moments to find the "Share" option.

2, the "Blogroll Wizard" asked for my username. I assumed this was the e-mail address I registered under, but no, it's not. Go to "Account" (upper right corner), then choose "Blog Settings" and create a user name. Since "Belinda" was already taken, I chose my nickname, "Xanthippe".

Also installed a subscribe button on my Firefox bookmarks toolbar... and the Dashboard widget to notify me when there is news...

And I added that short-story blog, A Curious Singularity, to my list of feeds. This week they are discussing Isak Dinesen's story, "The Blank Page."

1 comment:

UCSC Learning 2.0 Team said...

Thanks for the note about the location of the "share" link in Bloglines. I've updated the instructions and added a new screenshot.